Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hannukah Time

Sabrina shows off the hat she made for her Hannukah performance
Sabrina has been in preschool at Congregation Sinai since September. It has been a great experience for her. Currently she goes twice a week, in the morning. I wanted her to start in September so she wouldn't associate it with Maddie being born and now I also get some quality alone time with the baby. Sabrina has loved preschool from the start! I thought she might have a little separation anxiety, seeing as I've been with her all day from day 1. So on the first day of school I said to Sabrina "okay baby, I'm going to go now and I will pick you up when school is over." "Ok, bye". What?!?! No love for Mommy. :) But I'm proud of her independence. I have nothing but fond memories of my own preschool and I'm happy it has so far been the same for Sabrina.

For Hannukah the school put on a Hannukah party. It was so much fun! We ate latkes, lit the Hannukah candles and each class put on a little performance. Sabrina's class is called Kalaneet, which I think is a little flower that grows in Israel. Their performance was so super adorable. All the kids held hands and walked in a circle while the music teacher played "Oh Hannukah Oh Hannukah" and they spun like a dreidel and pretended to be a candle burning low. If you asked Sabrina what she did in her performance she would tell you "A candle and a dreidel". Sabrina just loves Hannukah. Even now she asks to sing various Hannukah songs. Not to mention all the presents, that's not so bad either :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment