Monday, August 6, 2012

Azevedo Pkwy's 1st Annual Block Party

We've lived in our house since 2007 and I thought it was downright sad how few neighbors we know. So I told Jerry I was going to plan a block party. And I did! It was a lot of work but soooo worth it. A ton of people came and had a great time. The first thing we had to do is go around our block and get signatures from all the houses that would be blocked off. Everyone (except for this one guy - but we won't talk about that right now :D ) was really excited about the idea. Once I got everyone's signature I was able to stop by the police department with the form, pay the fee (it's one time, as long as you have a block party once/year then you don't have to pay for the permit again.

After talking to my friend Ashley, who has organized several block parties herself, I decided to invite the entire development. I had Jerry print me out a bunch of flyers and I went door to door inviting everyone to our block party. If I didn't get them at home, I left a flyer. I also put together a yahoo group for people to join so we could get out information and also put together a database of what people planned to bring.

So basically, the party was AMAZING!! We had a fantastic turnout and people were so complimentary and wanted to do another one before the year ends, like in October for Halloween. People brought out the most delicious food and the giant inflatable slip n slide was a BIG hit. Can't wait to do it again!

Everyone brought the most delicious food and drink
I rented a giant inflatable slip n slide.  Big hit with the kids!
Sabrina enjoyed doing a variety of things, from the slip n slide to playing catch to walking this cute doggie
Maddie was the hit of the party.  And the boss! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment